Saturday, June 28, 2008

FUCK.

I'm all over the place right now.

It has been a while, but here's the lowdown.

-Turned in applications to 21 med schools.
-Dated a guy for about 4 months.
-Held the first SF Boxwars (www.boxwars.org)
-Took a second job (60 hours/week suxxors!)

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though. Aside from working 60 hours/week I stupidly decided to take a course on Health and Social Justice. What am I thinking? I don't have time to take a class - especially an accelerated summer class. Doh! Fortunately the course, although interesting, is relatively base and cruise-through-able. Also, the course is so strongly bent on one specific view, which I do agree with, I feel more as though I'm listening to propaganda rather than actual facts.

Aaaaah discourse.

Besides Americorps, I'm also working for Kaplan, teaching the MCAT. I really enjoy being back in the classroom, but Kaplan has already dropped the ball a couple of times. Nothing too serious, but annoying nevertheless. Also, I disagree with about 20-30% of their science pedagogy. A job is a job though, right? What is great about Kaplan is that it ends at the same time as Americorps. Freedom!

I've arranged to start working for another clinic that serves the homeless after I finish my Americorps stint. It looks considerably less chaotic than my current situation, so that looks promising. I won't be working in Kaplan while doing this job, so again, things are looking good.

I've bit the bullet and applied to med school. It is frightening to think in about a year I'll be gearing up for a (gasp) real career. Me? Professional?! Ugh. Seriously though, this is the right path for me and I'm actually looking forward to it. Learning!

More frequent posts, I promise!

No comments: